|Topic :: NEW YORK @ 400|
|2009 marks the 400th anniversary of Henry Hudson and Samuel de Champlain’s voyages along the river and lake that bear their names, as well as the 200th anniversary of Robert Fulton’s successful steamboat voyage, which inaugurated steam commerce on the Hudson River.|
- Explore New York 400: Hudson Fulton Champlain
This site engages the public as well as civic, education, environmental, cultural and heritage organizations to develop and support related plans and activities that focus attention on the history, culture, and natural resources of New York State.
- NY State Education Department Champlain/Hudson/Fulton Commemoration
Explore 10 standards-based, interdisciplinary elementary, middle and commencement level instructional modules and 3 scholarly overviews that focus on the broad historical themes of encounters between peoples, global trade, and commerce.
- Teaching the Hudson Valley
Their growing collection of free K-12 lesson plans uses significant Valley sites to teach math, science, history, art and other important school subjects.
- Learning About the Hudson River Valley
Features a variety of lessons developed by our associates and through our summer teacher workshops.
- Navigating the Champlain Valley: Quadricentennial Curriculum
Multi-disciplinary curriculum to help educators of all kinds to bring this topic into the classroom
- Robert Fulton, Hudson River Steamboats, and the Clermont Steamboat
Contains descriptions and details of Robert Fulton's life and his first steamboat voyage to Albany.