The purpose of this blog is to follow the literacy and technology pilot. Here we will follow the progress of the pilot as we explore resources, try them out in our classrooms, and share our reflections, successes, and questions.
We invite others in the community to share their thoughts and experiences with us as we craft recommendations to improve our students' use of technology to enhance literacy.
Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Announcing: Webinar Series on Literacy and Technology
We are delighted to announce a series of 4 webinars, taking place in April and May. The focus of each session will be the link between literacy (thinking) strategies and the learning opportunities technology can provide to develop these strategies.
Following is a list of the topics, presenters, dates, and times of the webinars. We sincerely hope you will join us.
1. Topic: Technology Integration in a First Grade Classroom
This webinar will provide an overview of a first grade classroom
including the following topics:
- What the students think of technology.
- How to get started: podcasts, skyping, teacher tube
videos (curriculum based)
- Learning the toolbar and "lingo" often used
- Claymation - Science Unit on Plants
- I-movies - Social Studies, Science, and Literacy